Monday, October 14, 2013

September/October

Makayla at 11 months

This little girl is the light of our lives. She brings such joy to our days....I can't imagine life without her. And it is simply unbelievable that in one short month she will be a year old! My, oh my, how time does fly! It has been so much fun to watch her grow and learn. She is such a good baby!




She is gaining weight with absolutely no problem! She now weighs around 18 pounds! She's been eating like a champ....she loves food! I have yet to find something that she does not like. But her favorites are beans, pears, bananas, clementines, and cheerios! She is becoming quite the little beggar. If someone is eating she'll stand right in front of them with her mouth open, whining until they give her a bite. My little baby bird <3.



So I was completely wrong about her getting her first tooth last month...haha! We thought we had seen (and felt) the little grooves of one of her top central incisors! She even had the classic signs of teething...her nose running like a faucet and she was drooling like a hound dog! But after a few days we stopped feeling it and we couldn't see anything anymore....WHAT?! Does that really happen or were we just fooled into thinking it was a tooth? But I guess that doesn't really matter because she recently cut her FIRST REAL TOOTH....for real this time. lol! It is her bottom left central incisor (which makes much more sense than the top for being the first tooth) and the entire top of the tooth has cut through. Once again, I have tried to get a picture, but she does not let me. I force her mouth open and she sticks her tongue out. But I'm sure we'll start seeing when she smiles :)

She still isn't saying much more than "dada" at this point. She talks a lot of other gibberish, but nothing usually discernible. I've heard her say "mom" a couple times. Usually when she is sobbing. I don't know if it is for real or not. I'd like to think it is :). But she knows a lot of words (when you say them she'll look at whatever it is).... mom, dad, george, binky, baba, fan, toys, ni-night, bath, no, and many others.  She knows that the remotes control the tv (she'll play with it and push a button then look up at the tv).  Her favorite TV show is still Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. TV doesn't really interest her much. She'll watch for about 10 minutes and then get bored and go play with her toys. I hope it stays that way. She likes to dump ALL of her toys out of the bin and then crawl around holding one (or more) of them...it requires a lot of talent and makes a BIG mess for mom because toys are everywhere in a matter of minutes!! She thinks phones are fascinating, but I limit her time with them (plus she likes to bash them against the floor and then drag them around the room with her). She loves music and will dance when she hears it by bouncing...very cute! She likes to climb stairs as well as get into the dog food and water. We keep both areas closed off, but the second we leave the gates open and she realizes it, she has a one track mind and will keep going for it until we close it off again. She loves George, as always, and they play together all day. She tries to share her toys with him (but we don't let him because he destroys them) and they follow each other around all day.



She has a pretty consistent schedule down these days. She has a bottle every 3 1/2 hours during the day. Eats solids at 8, noon, and 6. Naps at 9 and 2 for about an hour or hour and a half each. And then she's in bed by 8 every night. She knows how to fall asleep on her own and sleeps through the night (mostly). I say mostly because sometimes in the night she'll wake up and can't find her binky and she'll cry until one of us goes in and puts it in her mouth. But other than that she's been great.



She is VERY close to walking...I think she'll be walking by her first birthday. She walks around the furniture, BARELY holding on to it. She is starting to let go balance for a minute before falling down. She will walk around the house holding on to one of my fingers. She is close and this mama is proud! :)





It has been an awesome month! Now I just need to start planning her first birthday party!!!






Makayla's friend from the park!

Hunting with mom and dad (We were mostly road hunting)

Pumpkin Patch!


Red Sox won the World Series!!

Right after the red sox won!

No comments:

Post a Comment