Saturday, September 14, 2013

August/September 2013

I know, I know, I have been a terrible blogger lately! But its not like I've given up on blogging completely! The last 3 months I have typed up my entire posts. But because I am so busy I don't have time to do the entire processes in one sitting, so I save the post with intentions of returning and inserting the pictures the next day...and then I don't....and then a week goes by and I think about it but then something comes up...then a month goes by and it's time for a new post. Ugh...life just gets away from me...ya know? Anyways. So here we are....September 14th and I'm going to try and get this entire post finished in one sitting.

So what's been going on this month? So much I don't even know where to begin! 

First of all, we closed on our house on August 19th WOOT WOOT! We moved our beds in that day and spent the night in our brand new house! It was heaven to say the least. Then reality hit....we had our entire house to move and had barely started packing! Luckily we were only moving about 5 miles away so we were able to take small trips back and forth and get our stuff. Within a week and a half we had all of our stuff moved over to our new place. We have since gotten nice and settled in but it's still a LOT of house for us! I have been stressing about decorating and organizing....but I recently came to the realization that this house is gorgeous without decor! I'll eventually decorate, but it's going to take me a while. Here are some pictures of the house.


The finished product! We are so terrible, we still have yet to get a picture
together in front of our house....

My gorgeous kitchen. That hallway straight back leads to the
laundry room, a half bath, and to the garage.

Our living room... Like I said...no decor!

Those stairs lead to the three bedrooms and the master.

Needless to say, we love our house. We love being in a place where we can actually settle down. We are happy! :)

A little about what has been going on with each of us:

Branden is back to his original schedule...alternating days and nights every 28 days, but working the same days of the week. We loved this schedule from the get-go and we are glad to be back on it! He is loving his job and I love hearing all his stories and seeing him so excited. Branden also has his big elk hunt coming up at the end of this month...so wish him luck!!

I have recently started getting cross-trained in the ER at the hospital....and I LOVE it!! I always thought I would be a labor and delivery nurse...but after trying that and deciding it wasn't the best option for me or my family (there was lots and lots and lots of training, and it's hard to get really confident in that department when there aren't a lot of deliveries) I decided to try ER. Don't get me wrong, the ER has a ton of training as well, but I like to feel confident where I work, and I think I have a better chance at that in the ER. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on that endeavor! :)

Makayla at 10 months:

Yes, she is addicted to her binky...I'm in trouble!
Makayla had her 9 (ended up being 9 1/2) month appointment just a two weeks ago! She was in the 20th percentile for height and weight, her weight being just under 17 pounds. She is still small for her age, but she is consistently gaining weight and that is all that matters!

I couldn't resist a picture of those fat little thighs with her butt cheek
hanging out!
This month she started saying "dada."  We don't think that she has made the connection that she is saying "dada" and that Branden is "dada" but she is really good at saying it, especially when she is mad! When ever she falls over and bumps her head, or I wipe her nose, or anything that pisses her off, she will throw her arms out and, very angrily, yell "DA DA DA DA DA DA!"
One of her daily meltdowns
Sassy pants...
She bonked her head...and was yelling "dada" right here

She's started recognizing quite a few words this month. We will ask her "Where's ______?" and she'll respond by either pointing or looking at what we ask. For example, she is absolutely OBSESSED with light fixtures! Particularly the one above our kitchen table. I'm pretty sure she knows "light" better than "mama" or "dada". Same with our ceiling fan. If we say "fan?" she looks up and smiles! So the words she knows (mainly because she points to them all day long asking what they are) are "mama," "dada," "george," "light," "fan," "lamp," "table," "food/eat," "kisses," and "loves."

She could watch the light turn on and off all day.
As of only two days ago, we started seeing Makayla's FIRST TOOTH coming through! Yay! We actually thought that she was getting sick because her nose was running like a faucet, she was SO clingy, and she was waking up frequently in the night just sobbing (we gave up on the prospect of teething several months ago after being SURE she was teething and then never having any teeth pop through). So we didn't even consider teething until we actually saw the little tooth! The funny part is that this first tooth happens to be her top right front tooth! HA! She's going to be my little hillbilly baby for a while! ;) I've tried to get a picture of it, but she absolutely refuses to hold still and let me.

Dad photo bombing us and Makayla with her
super runny nose! Yuck!
Just like last month, she is able to pull herself up to standing and climb stairs. The only new thing this month in this department is that she is able to walk around our couch/coffee table while holding onto it with both of her hands. She loves to be walked around by one of us holding both of her hands, although the second I show signs that I'm going to let go, she sits down. I think it'll probably take her another month to get brave enough to experiment with letting go herself. She is insanely fast a crawling. Once she has a destination in mind she is there in seconds. It definitely keeps me on my toes.

With this new house and it's wonderful air conditioning, we were able to put Makayla in her very own room (at our previous house we only had a one-room air conditioner, which was in our bedroom, so we had Makayla's crib in our room as well so she wouldn't roast at night!). I'll tell you what, it has been one of the best things about this move! When she wakes up in the night, she know we aren't just right there to respond to her and so she falls back to sleep on her own. H-E-A-V-E-N! This mama actually gets a little sleep now and then!

Her favorite toys this month are her blocks. She carries them around everywhere she goes. We have hard wood floors and so she likes to bang the blocks on the floor or scoot a stool across the floor to hear the sound that makes. She is SNOOPY! She wants to go everywhere and see everything!



Her favorite TV show is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. It really is a cute show and it has really good messages in it. The songs are pretty catchy too. Anyway, whenever Makayla hears the main song she gets a huge grin on her face and starts dancing (bouncing up and down). Cute.

Overall it has been a wonderful month and every day we feel so blessed to have her in our lives!


Her hair is getting sooooooo long!

Kicking back at swiss days
Helping dad build something





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment