Activity
1. Makayla started crawling this month. Real, full on crawling! She has gotten quite good at it and she follows me around everywhere I go. It's been nice that she can get around where she wants to go but we had to make a lot of changes to our house over the month in the baby proofing department! Now that she is mobile, she is a living vacuum. She can find a tiny white wrapper on top of our white carpet and put it straight in her mouth!
2. Babies amaze me! The second they learn a cool trick (i.e.: crawling) they are onto bigger and better things. Within a week of learning to crawl, she also learned to pull herself up to stand (pretty wobbly and falls over frequently...but still a big deal). But not only that, about a week later she learned how to crawl UP STAIRS! WHAT?! Crazy I tell you!
3. We have found that she has a pretty snoopy personality...We keep all of her books on the bottom shelf of our TV stand and within 5 minutes of being up for the day they are all torn out and scattered around the house! (I think we are in trouble for those terrible twos!). To keep her occupied I will frequently put together a "discovery bowl" that has random objects from around the house and she loves to pull everything out and examine everything. My house is a mess nearly 24/7, but it's like they say...messy house means happy kids...right? Ok it might mean a lazy mom in my case, but she is still happy!
4. As with many kids, she really enjoys being outside. She would be perfectly content being on the front lawn watching the cars drive by all day. She will occasionally venture off the blanket and go explore, but for the most part she just enjoys the fresh air.
Talking/Interacting
Not much has changed in this department! She still likes to yell, a lot! But she hasn't been experimenting with any consonants at all.
Eating/Sleeping
1. She STILL doesn't have any teeth? WTH? I know that they can come in as late as 15 months, but to have zero teeth at her age is so weird to me!
2. She eats solids like a champ. She really likes to try new things! I don't think I've given her anything that she doesn't like...yet. We still do pureed food every once in a while, but not often at all.
3. She is definitely a water-drinker! She will drink water out of a cup (she is actually quite good at it if someone is helping her), a water bottle (she makes a mess because she sticks her tongue in the hole), and her sippy cup which she is getting really good at holding by herself. She still doesn't hold her bottles on her own, but the sippy cup she will (but not if there is milk in it)
4. Sleep is sporadic. She'll have good nights, and she'll have bad nights! It seems like there are more bad nights than good but that's just my biased opinion! She still likes to snuggle while she falls asleep for the night! Which I LOVE!! :)
Family:
My parents packed up and moved to Texas on July 14th :( I was and am sooooo sad to see them go, but luckily it is only for a year...which I think I can handle ;) The entire family got together the night before the big move and went to dinner and then to the park for the kids to play. It was a fun evening.
My birthday was on the 18th. It was a very relaxed, low key birthday! We went to Tucanos that night, which is always delicious! I counted my new cell phone as my birthday present so I didn't have any presents to really open. But I was ok with that!
Work is going great for the both of us. I am working mostly days on med/surg and Branden is working nights (3pm-1am). It's rough because we often go a while without seeing one another. We see each other to hand the baby over and then one of us is off to work. Kind of sad actually!
The house!!
So the house is practically finished! We have our walk through tomorrow! And then closing is less than a week from there! I really need to get packing, but I really don't want to!
Eating/Sleeping
1. She STILL doesn't have any teeth? WTH? I know that they can come in as late as 15 months, but to have zero teeth at her age is so weird to me!
2. She eats solids like a champ. She really likes to try new things! I don't think I've given her anything that she doesn't like...yet. We still do pureed food every once in a while, but not often at all.
3. She is definitely a water-drinker! She will drink water out of a cup (she is actually quite good at it if someone is helping her), a water bottle (she makes a mess because she sticks her tongue in the hole), and her sippy cup which she is getting really good at holding by herself. She still doesn't hold her bottles on her own, but the sippy cup she will (but not if there is milk in it)
4. Sleep is sporadic. She'll have good nights, and she'll have bad nights! It seems like there are more bad nights than good but that's just my biased opinion! She still likes to snuggle while she falls asleep for the night! Which I LOVE!! :)
Family:
My parents packed up and moved to Texas on July 14th :( I was and am sooooo sad to see them go, but luckily it is only for a year...which I think I can handle ;) The entire family got together the night before the big move and went to dinner and then to the park for the kids to play. It was a fun evening.
Makayla was SO funny! Every time the wind would blow she'd
do this:
My birthday was on the 18th. It was a very relaxed, low key birthday! We went to Tucanos that night, which is always delicious! I counted my new cell phone as my birthday present so I didn't have any presents to really open. But I was ok with that!
Work is going great for the both of us. I am working mostly days on med/surg and Branden is working nights (3pm-1am). It's rough because we often go a while without seeing one another. We see each other to hand the baby over and then one of us is off to work. Kind of sad actually!
The house!!
So the house is practically finished! We have our walk through tomorrow! And then closing is less than a week from there! I really need to get packing, but I really don't want to!
![]() |
| Mimi and grampy were being naughty and feeding Makayla smores...they spoil her! |
























No comments:
Post a Comment