Wednesday, June 12, 2013

7 Months

It's that time again! I'm so glad I do this blog because otherwise I wouldn't have any documentation of what has happened since Makayla was born! It all happens so fast!

Makayla is 7 months old today!

Just a few (ok who am I kidding...MANY) things about my little lady:

1. Makayla has many nicknames so far, and many of them are starting to stick. Branden calls her "Boogers," Laura calls her "Boogalooga", my family refers to her as "Baby Lalayla" or "YaYa." I am not partial to any one name, I use all of them on occasion....I'm not as creative at coming up with pet names I guess! At any rate, she is one loved little girl! I just hope she isn't offended at the "booger" related nicknames when she is older! haha!


2. She loves to be outside...and if she is not able to be outside, she loves to at least LOOK outside! Flowers seem to be an object of great interest...especially dandelions
A few days after my last post, Marlee found this beautiful field of dandelions and had to make a
photo op out of it! Luckily for us, Makayla was the subject! She was
VERY cranky during the shoot, though, and cried almost the whole time!
But, as always, Marlee was able to get an amazingly beautiful shot!
These are from a completely different day and definitely NOT professional!
Just cute!

She sat outside on this blanket for at least 2 1/2 hours and was happy as
ever the entire time!

3. At her doctor's appointment this month she weighed 14.2 lbs. Two and a half weeks later we went back to the doctor because she had been pulling on her ear a lot and she had gained exactly a pound--15.2 lbs! 

4. She is getting SO close to crawling! As of today, she is able to scoot backwards, rotate, and roll to get into a completely different place then I originally left her. It's time to do some baby proofing at our house, I think! She is also excellent at sitting. She can reach for things in front of her really well.

5. She still does not have any teeth. I know, right? She's been acting like she's got teeth coming in for the past 3 months...and still nothing! Oh well, I guess we will get to enjoy this incredibly adorable gummy smile for a little longer!

While shopping at Hobby Lobby, we stumbled upon
this adorable little chair! My mom bought it for
Marlee to use for a picture prop! More to come on that
later! :)

6. She is very finicky with her eating. One day she'll prefer solids over milk--I'll have to nearly force her to drink some milk during the day. Other days it's the complete opposite--she doesn't want any solids and will only take milk! Gah! Make up your mind, my love! haha! Right now her favorite solid foods are green beans, squash, blueberry-apple, pear, and peaches.

7. The evidence is clear---She is going to be a dancing girl! I don't care what anyone says!
I had the blinds drawn and she was watching the trees dance in
the wind...I guess that got her wanting to dance, too! This was the most
adorable thing I've seen her do! And as you can see, she is GREAT at sitting up!

8. She is so so so so so so SILLY! She giggles over the weirdest things, she makes funny faces and noises, she LOVES the feeling of anticipation! She is seriously such a happy girl and truly is my sunshine!



This is a sneak peak to Makayla's six month pictures by my SUPER
talented sister @ Marlee Davis Photography! Makayla was super cooperative
most of the time and the location was gorgeous! I am so excited to see more
and I will definitely share!


FUN summer times

First of all, I am loving summer so far....except for the fact that the house we are living in doesn't have A/C (hint hint Paul and Laura). To cool off, we'll occasionally go next door and swim in Paul & Laura's pool that they bought for Makayla! haha...It is a 12' wide 3' deep pool. We bought Makayla a cute little tube to use in the pool. She isn't quite sure about it all. She'll occasionally kick around, but most of the time she is stiff and looking concerned.





Can you spot all 4 dogs?
BBQ at Paul and Laura's house..Branden
had an audience while he ate!

THE HOUSE

Yep, we have a framed house now! It went from foundation to a full out house in just one week! Branden and I are loving it so far! It is coming along very nicely! We are able to walk through it whenever we want--and we do almost daily! We like to talk about how we will arrange our furniture and what rooms will be for who/what! Our closing date is August 19th (only 9 1/2 weeks!!) We just locked in on our loan rate yesterday and now all we have to do is wait! We are SO looking forward to having our own home and our own yard to do whatever we want with! I'm also hoping that having a new home will give me incentive to be better at cleaning and organizing! I guess we'll see!

LOVE <3


Anyways! That's all for now! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment