Yep, we hit it! The babe is now half of a year old! Can't believe it? Me either! I love that little pumpkin more and more each day!
So what is new with my little Makayla May this month? A TON! It is insane how much she has learned in 4 little weeks!
First of all, she is a whopping 14 pounds! She is becoming a little [big] chunka munk! She has just the squishiest arm and leg rolls! I could just squish them all day! Her cheeks are also getting bigger, which only makes them more kissable--not that she needs any more help in that department! Her hair is getting so long (on the top, at least)--She basically has a hair flap....it is a good 3 inches long on the top and then only like 1inch around the sides!
She can now sit up on her own! It was a little crazy how quickly she picked that little skill up! One day she wasn't able to sit at all and the next week she is sitting like a champ and even reaching for things in front of her! She's a tricky little lady!
And speaking of reaching for things, she is one GRABBY baby! She will grab whatever part of your face she can get her hands on and squeeze the living daylights out of it! If anything brushes past her hand she grabs it, no problemo! It surprises me every time! She also insists that she hold her books while I read them. She freaks out when I try to turn the pages (because that involves her letting go for a minute) so I attempt to recite the story from memory (which I can do with several of her books)
She still rolls from her back to her belly...in fact during this month the little stinker kept rolling over in her crib in the middle of the night (like every other hour) and I never got any sleep because she either forgot how to roll from her belly to her back, or she refused to do so! So I bought this cool little sheet that has velcro straps that keep her from rolling! It has seriously been a life saver! This mama gets to sleep all [mostly] night because of it! She usually sleeps from 8:30pm-4:30am, takes a bottle, then sleeps a little more until 6 or 7. Most days I really wish she would sleep in longer in the morning...sigh.
The random noises that she makes just crack me up! She has a new sound every week. A couple weeks ago it was the yelling night and day, the next week it was the fake cough (which she still does quite frequently), the next week it was blowing bubbles with her lips, and then this week its been this little throat sound that is kind of sounds like she is speaking German. I'm a little bummed that she isn't talking/yelling as much, but I'm sure it'll return in due time!
You can tell that she is starting to understand some things....the other day she started doing patty-cake with me (she'd just flap her arms around). She did it for a couple days and now won't do it--perhaps it was just a coincidence? She knows a few songs pretty good--she gets excited with anticipation when the good parts in the songs are coming up (ie-I'm a little teapot when I TIP her over and pour her out). When you say "Where is Georgie?" she will quite often look around and find him and get really excited.
As far as her eating goes, we have mastered the art of solid food! So far she is a big fan of oatmeal cereal and vegetables--green beans, squash, and sweet potatoes. She will eat 2 entire Gerber jars of food every day if I let her. She gets to the point that she will consistently refuse her bottle because all she wants is the good stuff. Stinker (literally). She also REALLY likes watermelon--we bought one of those mesh food holder things and she will suck on watermelon day and night if I let her!
A few fun things we did this month--Makayla went swimming for the first time! We forgot swimming diapers though...shhhh don't tell! She wasn't too impressed with the whole experience..
We also visited the aquarium! Her favorite exhibit? The penguins! She got so excited watching them! But she really was amazed by all of the fishies!
So that's about it with her! This stage is SO exciting in my opinion! There are tons of changes happening so often. I love to see her make connections and reach milestones. We love her so stinkin much!
MOTHER'S DAY
Mother's Day was pretty great! I woke up early with Makayla (Branden was working into the wee hours of the morning the day before). I was able to get some scrapbooking done, which was pretty fun! When Branden got up he gave me a gift--a bunch of coupons for him to complete various duties (chores mostly) and a Smith & Wesson 380 pocket pistol!!! He loves me! :D
We then drove to PC for brunch at The Pancake House--YUM!
When we got home we went and visited Laura. Then Branden had to go to work :( So I went to my mom's and hung out for most of the evening!
It was an overall relaxing day and I got to spend all of it with my precious little girl!
THE HOUSE
Oh my goodness, the house!
So we had our preconstruction meeting on like April 24th. At that point we were still waiting on permitting so we couldn't set a dig date. We were expecting to get permitting back the next week and we were supposed to recieve a call to schedule the dig. Well two weeks pass by and we haven't heard anything. So I give the main contracter guy a call on a monday and he told us we were scheduled for dig that thursday. We were so surprised, but excited! That Wednesday, I get a text from a friend saying they were digging a hole in our area and asking me if it was ours! So we drove on over and sure enough, we had a hole...a day before we were scheduled to have one!
The next day they put the footings in
The next day they put up the molds for the foundations....this past monday they poured the cement
and...
Tuesday they took the molds down and we officially have the foundation of our home complete! I can't wait to see what they complete next week!! So exciting!










No comments:
Post a Comment