Friday, June 13, 2014

June 2014

Ok, so I've been told by family member's that I've been a slacker with my blog and, for that, I apologize! Life has been crazy! But I am going to try and blog about this month before I get too far behind!

So let's start with Makayla

Makayla had her 18 month check up this month! She is a whopping 21 pounds (25th percentile) and I think 30 inches tall (I could be wrong on the exact measurement, but I know they said she is in the 10th percentile for height). We had gone to a new doctor because I'm tired of driving to Salt Lake for doctors appointments. This new doctor was very impressed with how much Makayla was talking and interacting! Makayla is doing really well in all areas and is very healthy.

A couple weeks ago (2 weeks ago to be precise) we took away Makayla's binky! It wasn't planned at all..just kind of happened. Makayla had become super SUPER whiny during that week (probably because she was teething, but we didn't know that at the time). She constantly had her binky and it didn't seem to soothe her like normal, in fact, it seemed like the more she had the binky the crankier she became. So after a loooong day of listening to her whining, Branden got home from work and I told him about how frustrating the day had been and said "I'm ready to get rid of the dang binky!!!" Well he took the binky and chopped the nipple off right then and there. It was our only binky and I had promised that once the last binky was gone, I wasn't buying more. When Branden gave the "broken binky" back to Makayla she sobbed. Full on SOBBED while saying "uh-oh" over and over again. I cried with her because I felt so stinking bad! That night when putting her into bed she kept crying for her "Bee." So we let her sleep with the broken binky and she did surprisingly well with it. I think she only woke up once and cried for about 5 minutes before falling back to sleep. The next day was easier. She didn't sob about the binky any more, but she kept saying uh-oh when we'd show it to her. She carried the broken binky around for about a week before deciding that it wasn't coming back. Now, two weeks later, she RARELY even asks for it! She is SO much happier, SO much sillier, and talks SO much more! I thought it was going to be the hardest thing to do and it turned out to be simple. I guess it was just the right time. :)

Tell me this isn't the saddest think you've ever seen? 
Everything with Makayla is otherwise pretty much the same since my last post. We spend most of our days outside, usually sitting on the porch (and often take trips to the park). She is such an outside girl! Doesn't matter how hot or cold, she just wants to be out there. It's hard because lately she's been asking me to go on walks with her holding my hand. I am so tired with this pregnancy that these little walks on a hot day just takes it out of me!

Playing in the dirt is her favorite thing to do outside!

When we walk to the park, she has to pick every dandelion she sees and smell them

She calls sunglasses "eyes." She thinks she's pretty cool!

Such a happy girl!

Gotta love that silly tongue!



When we do spend time inside (which I admit has been more often lately) she is a busy girl! She takes all of her toys out of the toy box and brings more down from her room upstairs! If I leave the pantry open she takes every last can out of the pantry and lines them up on the kitchen floor. I guess whatever keeps her entertained, right?





The other day we went to Paul and Laura's for a BBQ. Makayla just loves her Mimi and Grampy and lights up every time she sees them. She is silly and refuses to say any version of "Grampy." She calls Paul AND Laura Mimi....but if you ask her where Grampy is she will look or point at him. So she is just being a little stinker!



And check out this hair! This is right after a bath so it's wet and straight. But look at that length! It's growing like a weed!


She is such a silly girl and we love her more and more every day!



Branden and I are doing well...same ol' same ol'! We've both been working a bunch to build up our savings again after putting in our yard in and paying for the vacation we are going on this week. :P  I did just go part time this week for the sake of my sanity, so hopefully I'll have more time to do fun things!

Our finished yard!

Our fun picnic/fishing day. Makayla caught a fish (with help from dad) and loved to look at the birds
and ducks!

This weekend we are flying out to California, hitting Disneyland for a few days, driving up to Half Moon Bay for a few nights, and then going to Oakland to see the Redsox play the Oakland Athletics before flying home. We are so excited! I'll have to do a separate blog post on our vacation when we get back! :)

As for the new baby...I'm in denial that he'll be here in less than 8 weeks. No we do not have a name picked out. No I do not have his room set up. And no I don't know what I'm going to do with two children under 2 years old. AHHHH!! I plan to go crazy getting everything ready for him when we get back from vacation. 

Anyways. That's all I've got for today...I've been blogging all night! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment