February |
February has treated us very well so far! At the beginning of the month we traded in our Mazda 3 for a GMC Acadia! Since we've got this second baby on the way there was NO way we were going to be able to fit two car seats in our little Mazda and still have semi-comfortable leg room up front. We found the Acadia and I knew it was the perfect car for us. 3rd row seating, leather seats, dvd player, back up camera, etc! And it is so much fun to drive! I love it so much!
Valentines Day was really great! Branden brought home a bouquet of beautiful red tulips from work! The car was my present and I bought him a nice watch. Makayla got more presents than anyone: she got one from Me and Branden, Mimi, Mimi 2, and Grammy. That night we made dinner at home and just hung out as a little family! It was perfect!
| Gift from Mimi 2 |
| Branden made me that card! Lol! |
Ma (mom)
Da (dad)
Uh-Oh (her favorite word)
Bu-Bye (her second favorite word)
All Duh (all done)
Hi Da (which is "Hi Dad"...but she says it to people other than dad)
Sit
Sue (shoe)
Bubbo (bubble)
Gee (George)
Babo (Cabo...Paul's dog)
She'll say other things, but not consistently enough for us to know she is saying that for sure.
She really likes to throw fits. Full on, collapse to the floor, scream, and bang her head on the floor fits. Which is a real bummer because we started taking away her binky this month (with exception to during sleeping time). Otherwise I'd usually give her the binky and she'd be over her fit. So now I usually try to distract her with something like Daniel Tiger (her absolute favorite show)...but that is probably just as bad as giving her what she wants...
| Captivated by Daniel Tiger...It is so funny to watch her watch this show. She dances and just gets so happy when songs come on! |
She still has 3 teeth, two on bottom and one on top (the top one is SO big!). Oh and her hair is getting so long and curly! I need to get it cut, but that just makes me so sad! So in the mean time she is just going to have to be scraggly!
Bathtime is super fun lately! She gets so excited to climb up the stairs to go get in the bath! She's got 4 hippo bath toys that she spends the majority of her bath time trying to line up along the side of the tub. She gets water everywhere but she is so proud when she's got all four up on the ledge standing up!
And then there is my favorite time of the day: bedtime! My little tornado calms down and snuggles in. My favorite is when we walk up the stairs to go lay in bed. She lays her head down on my shoulder and loves me up. I live for bedtime. She is so sweet and innocent and it makes me not want to put her in her bed to sleep. Good golly I love her!
January
The biggest news that came out in January was that we are expecting another baby! My due date is August 8th. Yes, we are crazy. No, it wasn't on purpose, but we were expecting it to happen (my IUD was having complications so I had it taken out only to be told that I can't be on any systemic birth control because I am already high risk for blood clots). So we knew it would happen sooner or later. It just happened to be sooner...rather than later! But we are thrilled!
I've had quite a bit of nausea so far in the pregnancy, but no vomiting related to the pregnancy. I have a hearty appetite, which is different from my pregnancy with Makayla, but when I over-eat I get so sick. No particular cravings quite yet, but it's still early.
I got really sick in the middle of January, probably with food poisoning, but I was puking EVERY 30 minutes-1 hour. It was miserable. I couldn't keep a single thing down. After 24 hours of it I started having quite a bit of cramping so I ended up going into the ER (I couldn't get an appointment at the clinic). At the ER they gave me 2 liters of fluids through an IV. An hour and a half after getting all that fluid I had an ultrasound to check on the baby. Everything with the baby was ok but there was still hardly anything in my bladder! I was so dehydrated! I'm glad I went in.
Makayla started talking a little bit more this month (January). Her new favorite word is "uh-oh." But even though she can't say very many words, she knows what we were talking about. Her current favorite game is to point to body parts that we ask about, particularly her belly. And she doesn't just point to her belly... she lifts up her shirt, points to her belly, and then proceeds to lift everyone else's shirt up to point to their bellies! She loves to be outside and she loves to dance! If I put any music on she'll start bouncing her little body to the beat. So cute! She has such a fun little personality! Her favorite toys are her car that she can sit in, her little princesses, her doll, and anything in the cupboards and drawers! She also still loves Daniel Tiger.
| She started pretending to talk on my phone this month. She puts it to her ear and pretends to say hello. It's amazing what they pick up. |
| She can't live without her binky and her bunnies! |
| This was a daily occurrence...all of my cupboards within her reach were emptied throughout each day. She likes to climb in them and stash her toys (and dads wallet) in them. |
| She caught us by surprise by climbing onto the fireplace! |
| Cheesing it up! |
| Loving up her baby...good practice for when the real one comes! |
We did a few fun things as a family this month. We went to the Ice Castles in Midway which were pretty neat (but still overpriced). We also went to see the movie Frozen, which is Makayla's first movie she saw in theater (She did better than I thought she would!) Paul also retired earlier this month so we attended his big retirement party up at Strawberry.
| Paul's retirement party |
| Midway Ice Castles |
![]() |
| At the movies |
December
I don't have a lot to actually say about the month of December since it was so long ago. So I will just post some pictures and then go into detail about Christmas.
| Bringing home our christmas tree |
| Branden did shop with a cop this year! He had a lot of fun! |
| Makayla loves to go outside...and I love her little chunky cheeks! |
Chirstmas this year was so exciting! I loved that Makayla was old enough to somewhat have a clue what to do with the presents! And she got S-P-O-I-L-E-D!!! Branden and I bought her a new car seat, a coat, and a ride in car. Mimi and Grampy bought her more gifts than I could count, including a cute little tricycle. My parents got her the cute little people princess castle and a picnic basket. And a bunch of extended family sent various gifts for her. It was present overload!! :) She was so preoccupied by each gift that she wouldn't want to open the next one.
| Christmas morning! |
| Makayla's first gift she opened |
| Christmas outfit |
| Did I not say she was spoiled? This is the whole loot from the day! |
Branden and I were equally spoiled. Branden got a sound bar for our TV, some extras to put on his AR-15, and money for his elk. I got a new camera, a keurig (which I ended up returning...crappy thing), and a bunch of digital scrapbooking stuff.
We spent the morning at our own house where we made a yummy crepe breakfast and opened our presents from each other. The we spent the rest of the day going back and forth from Paul/Laura's house and my parent's house. We ate two dinners, the first was an early dinner at Branden's parents house and then we went over to my parent's house for our second dinner. It was a crazy day, but it was fun overall...I loved spending time with all my family!
I spent New Year's Eve at my parent's house since Branden was working a DUI shift that night. We had fun playing games and visiting. Makayla fell down the stairs for the first time that night. All 14 stairs. It was very sad and traumatizing for both of us! The sad thing is that I didn't even see it happen. We had a gate up, but she pushed the top of it and flipped over the top of it. Amber saw it out of the corner of her eye and yelled to me that Makayla just fell down the stairs. Makayla was fine, but was scared to death! We went home after that and I was up half of the night making sure she didn't have a concussion! :(
Well that's enough for now. Hopefully I won't wait so long for my next post! Toodaloo!



No comments:
Post a Comment