Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Update 1/4

Well, I had the D&C procedure on Monday and it went well. Dr. Yamashiro was able to get me in first thing in the morning so it was over and done with nice and quick. I didn't talk to him after the surgery to see how everything went, but Branden did and it sounds like everything went very smoothly and there should be very minimal scarring (wahoo!). I have spent the last two days resting (around making cookies, going shopping in park city, etc.). Lol. I have a hard time sitting around when I am not in a whole lot of pain (which is bad, I know). It's funny because the pain that I do have is in my throat from the breathing tube they inserted during the surgery, not from the surgery itself. Dr. Yamashiro did a very good job, though, and he made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process. I am just SO relieved to be done with this whole thing and I pray I will never have to go through it again.

So many people have asked if we are going to try again or wait for a while. I suppose we will just play it by ear.  Dr. Y said that we have to wait at least a month to "start trying" and that it may take 1-3 months after a D&C to start ovulating again. So there you have it...I have no choice in the matter! I bought myself some running shoes yesterday so I am going to join the teeny tiny gym in Richfield so I can get into shape while we are waiting. I will also be so busy with work, school, and organizing my house..so time should fly by fairly quick.. 

Ugh and that reminds me-I only have 6 more days of freedom before I go back to the hellhole called school. But, on a happy note, this is my last semester and then I'll have my Bachelors degree! woot woo! I plan to take some time off of school after this semester (to hopefully have a babe) and then I think I'll try to go to PA school at the end of next year (I have to get so many hours of clinical experience before I can even apply). I hope that by that time we'll be out of Sevier County and closer to home :) I guess we'll see how everything plays out! 

Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment