Thursday, December 1, 2011

What's been happening lately...

I cannot believe I let two and a half months (almost 3) go by without posting! Whoops! Surprisingly enough, it doesn't seem like much has happened since my last post, so you didn't miss out. But I'll try and remember as many things that did happen as I can! :)

So as far as the holidays go, I've been trying to start some traditions for me and Branden. Last year, we were WAY too poor to do anything fun around the holidays, so this year I'd like to start the traditional holiday stuff-much to Branden's dismay. So I'll tell ya about what we did/are going to do for each holiday throughout this post.

OCTOBER:
Let's see, what can I say about October? Both Branden and I worked a whole lot this month, particularly Branden due to the deer hunts. I had a deer tag for the northeastern region (Strawberry), so I was in Heber as much as I could to hunt (which only ended up being like 2 or 3 times). We never saw any bucks though, sad day. But that's really all that happened in October (we are so exciting aren't we? lol)

Oh, and I can't forget to talk about Halloween!! I MEANT for Branden and I to go to a nearby pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins (oh, and this place also offered hay rides--I was so excited!) However, either me or Branden worked every day the week before Halloween, so we didn't get a chance to go pick out pumpkins until the day before Halloween, which fell on a Sunday--the pumpkin patch was closed...so sad. So we compromised and went to Walmart and picked out some oh-so-fabulous pumpkins and took them home to carve the same day! I turned on some awful halloween music and we carved away! Here are the results!

Mine is on the left, Branden's on the right. He decided to use his pumpkin's
innards as hair...weirdo.

Pumpkin head
That is about as awesome as we got for Halloween. I had to go to Heber on Halloween night because I had school the next day, and Branden had to stay home in case he got called out to work. Apparently he only had about 5 trick-or-treaters at our house, anyway, so it wouldn't have been worth it to dress up!

One fun thing that my family is sort-of making a halloween tradition is for all of us girls to go see Thriller by Odyssey. I just have to say that I LOVED the show! The dancers were so amazing, it will definitely never get old! And, of course, it wouldn't be my mom or my sister to not get a photo op out of it!

Marlee, Amber, Me, Mom

NOVEMBER:

The main happening of November was Branden's deer hunt. Branden, his dad, and the Phillips boys took a road trip to South Dakota for a week to shoot some deer. :) Branden said it was a much needed vacation! Turns out each of the guys were able to shoot a buck, Branden ended up shooting a really big 8 point! 





While the boys were hunting and having so much fun, Laura and I had to stay home with the dogs. :P Fun fun! We did go shopping a few times, but mostly stayed home and relaxed! When Branden was gone, we played WordsWithFriends against each other. I think it's safe to say, I finally found a game that I can beat him at! He is always commenting on how he can beat me at any game we play---not anymore bucko!! Check this out:

That's right-won by164 points!! (The game
was WordsWithFriends by the way!) And yes, this is
very important news!
Moving on to Thanksgiving! I had to work on Thanksgiving morning (which was ok because I got paid time and a half :)), so we weren't able to drive to Heber for turkey dinner. Instead, my parents drove down and we all had dinner with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles in Annabella. Yes, I stuffed my face like always, and it was nice to spend time with that side of my family! After dinner all the guys played some football!

I didn't want to stop eating to get my picture taken...look at those two full plates of food! YUM 
We love our iPhones!! :)

The guys playing football









DECEMBER

Well, today is only the 1st day of December, so there isn't much to post! lol But I am going to show you a picture of my Advent calendar that I spent ALL DAY painting yesterday!

Santa Advent Calendar
I just love it! Behind each of the doors is either a candy or a christmas-related activity to do that day (go pick out our tree, decorate the house/tree, take a drive to look at christmas lights, make gingerbread cookies, etc). I think it will be so much fun--we'll probably use it every year! :) 

Anywho, since this month is filled with lots of fun things, I will try to post more often! I am also going to try to send out a christmas card to everyone (we'll see if I get around to it), so that should be fun! 

Well, that is all for now! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment