Where do I even begin? This past month has been SUCH a crazy [and exciting] month!
First of all, my little pumpkin-pie turned 4 months old last week! Right? She is getting too big, too fast!
Today was her 4-month well child visit with our pediatrician. Makayla weighs 11 lb 12 oz (10th percentile) and is 23 1/2" tall (25th percentile). So technically she is still little, but she looks big to me! And the poor babe got another round of shots today...but she did surprisingly well with them!
She has become much more interactive since my last post! She is much more vocal, that's for sure! When we say something to her she will often jibber back at us! When she wakes up in the morning she will just talk and talk in her crib...then as I'm making my breakfast while she is in her swing or nap nanny, she will just yell for like a half hour straight! She is such a happy booger in the morning!
She smiles and laughs a ton! Her little giggle is so addicting---I'm constantly trying to get a chuckle out of her! But her cheesy smiles are almost as good as her laugh! She does this huge gummy grin, sticks her tongue out and tilts her head like she is being shy. Gah, can you tell I'm obsessed?
Lately she's been doing this funny thing where she'll be laying on her back and she'll bring her legs up to her chest and tip to the side. When she straightens back up it actually scoots her bum and rotates her...so she'll be in a completely different place/position when I come back! At times she has actually rotated a full half circle [or more]!
She is eating and sleeping like a champ (except for when Mimi 2 was here and our routine was less consistent). But now that we are back on track she goes to bed at 9 and sleeps until 5. She will eat and then go back to bed for a couple more hours. It's wonderful!
And as our pediatrician says, Makayla is a typical 4 month old because she drools like a fool! We have to keep bibs on her all day, otherwise her shirt will be SOAKED! She looooooves when someone rubs her gums...and she chews on everything--her hands, her toys, my finger! Her doctor said that every baby does this at 3-4 months while their teeth are developing, but they aren't always necessarily "teething" at this point. Some babies don't actually have teeth cut through until 7-15 months! Crazy!
We haven't yet, but I am considering starting Makayla on solids (rice cereal and stage 1 baby foods) this month. She acts pretty interested while we are eating our food. So I'll let you know how that goes!
All in all she is a very happy girl and everyone worships her ;)
![]() |
| obsessed! |
As for me I am really enjoying my job. It is still hard to leave Makayla, but time usually flies once I get to work. I am really excited because starting next month I am going to be getting trained as a labor and delivery nurse! :)
Branden just found out that he will be attending "desert snow" this April, which is a drug interdiction training. Apparently it is pretty hard to get into so he is really looking forward to it!
And last, but not least, we are officially building a home here in Heber! We picked out our floor plan and signed the contract about a month ago. We have been designing the exterior and interior features these past two weeks! I really hope my choices aren't completely lame! Now we just have to wait for a month or two before they can start digging--apparently they have to apply for permits and yada yada yada! Once they start digging it SHOULD only take 90 days to complete! So we are hoping we'll have our new home in July! Fingers crossed!
P.S. For those family members reading this blog, I just want to let you know that instead of overloading Facebook with all my millions of photos of Makayla, I decided to start using Instagram to post pictures! If you'd like to see pictures on a more-than-monthly basis you can follow me on there. :)








Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete