Saturday, January 12, 2013

Makayla is 2 Months Old!

I can pretty much guarantee that with every month's post I am going to say something along the lines of  "Where has the time gone? My baby is [x amount] months old? Are you serious!?" lol! So here we go....HOLY CRAP!! Makayala is two months old?!? How did that happen? hehe! It is incredible how quickly time goes by and how much they grow in such a short amount of time. I wish I could just pause time and keep her little for forever and ever (just kidding...kind of!).

We are finally all settled into our new place--it took us a good month or so to get everything unpacked. (Excuse--Makayla demands a lot of our attention, and we are more than willing to give it to her!) Now that everything is all unpacked, if you ever come over to our house, expect it to be messy and DEFINITELY don't expect a meal (I rarely cook, which Branden likes to tease me about)! I still haven't gotten the hang of taking care of/playing with Makayla, all the while getting the cooking, cleaning, paying the bills, grocery shopping, etc done. One day I'll have the desire to be a good multi-tasker!

Branden is loving his new job! He is working on the road now (still training, though). Being a trooper is definitely a good fit for him. His schedule is all wacko right now--Last week he worked day shifts and this week he's been doing nights--but it'll become more consistent once he is done with his training. I'm loving this whole schedule thing. As a game warden, Branden was basically always on call and he never knew when he'd have a day off. Now he has a set schedule and it is very nice! As for me, I still haven't found a job. I've applied for a whole slew of them, but rarely here anything back. (Most of them are still accepting applications, so that could be why I haven't heard anything yet.) But I guess that's ok--it makes me sad to leave Makayla for any length of time!

Branden leaving for his first day out on the road...hot man!

Now I'll kind of back up and talk about this past month.


Christmas:

It's true what they say about how kids, no matter what age, make holidays so much more fun! Even though Makayla is so little and has absolutely no idea what is going on, just having her here made Christmas just awesome!

A few days before Christmas, Marlee came up and took all the cousin's pictures just for the fun of it!

Isn't she the cutest ever?

Branden had to work on Christmas Eve, so I spent the morning at my parent's house and then the afternoon/evening at my Grandma and Grandpa Robinson's house. It was nice to get together with extended family and have a good meal! When we got home, we went to my mom's and the grandkids opened their "christmas eve gift" (AKA: PJs!)




Daddy and Makayla in her new monkey PJs!


All the grandkids!

On Christmas day we stayed at our house and did our own little Christmas morning. Branden and I gave each other a video camera, and we gave Makayla a fun play mat and some books. We then went to Branden's parent's house where we each got spoiled rotten...Branden was given money, I got a sewing machine, and Makayla got lots of toys!! :) I got further spoiled by my mother--she gave me tons of scrapbooking stuff so I can start a scrapbook for all the billions of pictures I have of Makayla! So excited :) But, most importantly, Branden and I got the best Christmas present of all....our baby girl! :)

Our sweet girl on Christmas!

New Years Eve

Not a whole lot happened on New Years Eve! Branden had to work the night shift, so I went to my parent's for the day and then both of my parent's came to my house for the evening to watch our current TV show obsession (at least mine)---Once Upon a Time! But we all got tired before midnight, they went home, and Makayla and I went to bed...great way to end a year, right? lol! Oh well!

All I can say is that I am so excited for 2013! And I know it will just fly by like 2012 did! We have a lot to look forward to this year...particularly Makayla's "milestones!" It is going to be so much fun!



All about Makayla at 2 months:

2 months old!


Makayla is getting SO big...in multiple ways! First of all, she now weighs 9 pounds 9 ounces (25th percentile) and is 21 inches long (10th percentile)...so I guess she is still little for her age, but she has grown so much since she was born! Most of her newborn clothes are becoming quite tight, and 3 month clothes completely drown her (and 0-3 month clothes aren't much better!). Same with diapers--we had to graduate from newborn diapers to size 1's...which are HUGE! 8-14 pounds, my butt! But I'm sure she'll be fitting into them in no time! She is so chunky that she got a yeast infection in her neck roll! Luckily the infection was in just a little part of it and we were able to get rid of it in like two days.

Check out those Michelin-tire-man legs! 4 big rolls!

She is becoming much more interactive! She actually focuses on faces and has been smiling and cooing quite a bit! Especially in the mornings--she is definitely a morning bird! For Christmas she got a play mat and she will "talk" to the little kitty that is at the top while she wiggles and hits the rattles hanging down. It's super cute! She is also getting strong and can hold her head up really well!

As you can see, she has a thing with her tongue....has since she was born! Silly girl!
She is yelling at the kitty on her play mat in the top right photo!

So these past two weeks we have been working on establishing a bedtime routine so that she sleeps better at night (before we started the routine, bedtime was a nightmare. She would act all collicky--just crying and crying and nothing would console her until she practically passed out from exhaustion at 11PM). So I have been getting her in the bath every night at 8:20 PM, reading stories at 8:45, then feeding her at 8:50 PM, and if she is still awake we will rock and sing lullabies. It has worked WONDERS! When we do the routine she goes right to sleep and will sleep for 4-5 hours before waking up to eat again. It's amazing! And she loves...I mean LOVES bath time! She smiles and wiggles, and kicks and coos! It's our favorite time of the night!




What I am looking forward to in the coming months: baby giggles! She does it in her sleep sometimes (SO cute!), so it's only a matter of time before she is doing it when she's awake! :) What I'm not looking forward to: immunizations. She is getting her first round of them on Monday....poor baby :(


Here are some fun photos to enjoy:

Daddy time! See how strong her neck is?!


Mommy time! We love to snuggle all day!


Georgie time!


Grampy and Mimi time


[This is where I would put the "Grampy and Grammy Robinson time" picture...if
I had one! We spend lots and lots of time with them, but I always forget to take
a picture!]


Anywho...we love our little Makayla May [AKA punkin, munchkin, chunkypuffs, babecicle, snuggle-bug] more and more each day! Bring on another month



<3



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment