Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Valentine's Day Yet!

Yes, a fabulous Valentine's day it was! Branden and I decided that we wanted to do something fun for Valentine's day this year, now that we have the money and resources to do so! Problem was, Valentine's day fell on one of my school days... After watching the news the day before V day and finding out the weather was supposed to be AWFUL, I made the decision to skip class! (and I'm glad I did because the roads were pretty bad). So Branden and I planned a little get away...we decided to go to Fish Lake and stay at the Division's cabin and go ice fishing, relax and watch lots of movies, and then make a yummy steak dinner. It was so much fun! Here are some photos!

The beautiful flowers Branden gave me! He is
so sweet!

Our fishing set up! We didn't even have to use that auger...
We used some holes that were made the day before!
It was highly convenient! 

Branden caught 2 rainbow trout within 5 minutes of being there.
He caught the first one not even two seconds after he put his line
into the water.  It was a little ridiculous!

We were having a lot of fun!

Branden caught 6 fish and I caught 2 (I'm no good) within an
hour of fishing. I had a bunch of bites, but I kept missing them :S
Branden caught the biggest one, which I think was a 19"
Rainbow Trout. 

We got caught in a few storms. One was a complete white-out,
but it was surprisingly warm! We had the whole lake
to ourselves because we were the only people
crazy enough to go out in this weather! lol!

Branden catching yet another fish! He let this
one go, even though it was the biggest one of the day!
Look how happy he is!
After fishing for a hour and a half, we packed up and headed back to the cabin. We watched a bunch of movies, which were all pretty good! We then made dinner together (rib eye steak=delish) and then went for a walk.





pretty sunset!!



The snow was too deep for George to walk in,
so Branden carried him like this most of the way.
Anyways, so that was our fun trip! We hardly ever get to do fun things like this together due to our busy schedules! We had absolutely no cell phone service while we were there so it was just me, Branden, and George with no distractions! Pure Bliss! :)


Other happenings:

I don't think much has happened since my last post. In regards to my job complaining: I had one of my "clinical experiences" of the semester at UVRMC last week with one of the house supervisors and I got the chance to speak with the lady who does the hiring for nurses. We talked for about an hour and a half about interviewing tips and what not. She told me to apply for an upcoming position in April and she said that she really likes me and that she would hire me! So I am super happy about that! I'd take a pay cut, and I'd have to commute 2 hours to work....but I would be much happier working as a "real" nurse!


ha! And did I mention I cut George's hair? Yeah....he is almost bald! George has had his hair cut only twice since we have had him (we have had him for a year now) and he is an absolute terror when he does get it cut. He gets SO scared when he hears the clippers that he fights and fights and fights and it takes the lady about 3 hours to get his hair cut...and even then it is only his back half of his body because he will NOT allow those clippers to get near his head. So I called the vet a few weeks ago and got some medication to calm him (It was a tranquilizer basically)...and I bought my own dog clippers. This week I finally got around to actually doing it. I got a great laugh out of it! Here is a video of George about 15 minutes after getting the medicine. He walks like he is drunk! haha! silly boy....  Oh, and excuse the MESSY house! I had worked the two nights before and was way too tired to clean...so there is clutter everywhere! But I promise my house doesn't normally this bad!




That last stumble at the very end makes me laugh every time! lol Here is the finished product :) I am no professional dog hairstylist by ANY means...as you can tell! haha


I didn't do very well with his chest and legs...even
groggy and weak he continued to fight me when
I got the clippers near his front. Since this picture
was taken we have been able to even his hair out a little bit

Almost bald body! lol

That is all for now! Until next time....


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You and Branden look so happy! I love seeing that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! I really miss Fish Lake!

    ReplyDelete