Sunday, September 11, 2011

8/19-9/11

Wow, I really need to post more often. I have so much to tell since my last post!


My lil bro, Jesse, got MARRIED on August 20th to the lovely Saryn Brown...now Robinson. :)  The wedding was held at one of the churches in Heber. My mom did all the decorating; it was beautiful, as usual! I didn't get any pictures of the wedding itself, but here are some of my favorites of their bridal photos (which my talented sister, Marlee, took!).

Love the motorcycle prop! 

I love his goofy smile in this picture
 and I double love how she is looking at him. She loves him :)

I added this picture simply to show what the frame was SUPPOSED
to be used for. (see next photo)
Lol He is SUCH a goof ball

My beautiful new sister-in-law, Saryn :)


Next in the line of news: I started school....booooooooooo. It is going to be a looooooong boring semester. My classes consist of: Nursing in the community (probably the best class of the bunch), nursing policy, nursing theory, and nursing research. Sounds interesting, right? WRONG!! Luckily I don't have any tests in ANY of my classes... :)  I think the hardest part is going to be the commute. I have to drive 2 hours to school and then 2 hours home, all in one day (there is more driving then actual class time). I think I'm going to start going up to Heber the night before so it's not such a looooong day of driving.    Here soon I have to start thinking about what I am going to do after I graduate with my Bachelor's degree (in April 2012). I know I am going to keep going to school, I am just not sure if I am going to go the midwife route or just the general Nurse Practitioner route. I may even think about becoming a PA. I guess I'll let you know when I decide :S.



Speaking of medical stuff....Branden got an infection in his finger this month. I posted it on Facebook but I'll post it here too with the dets. He isn't sure what happened, but he remembers his finger getting poked by something and then a few days later it was all infected and swollen and extremely painful! He would get so mad at me if I even looked like I was going to grab his hand. So I went with him to the doctor (because I wanted to see them cut it open) and they did just that! They numbed his finger, got a scalpel and sliced right into it! I know this is TMI, but when they first sliced into it, pus squirted all over the wall next to the doctor. HA! And then there was a bloody mess. My favorite part was when the doctor stuck the end of a sterile Q-tip swab INTO the incision and dug around to make sure the whole thing was one pocket of pus and would drain. I thought Branden was going to pass out when he saw the doc do that! lol! :)
As you can see it is infected and big.

This is at the doctor's office right before they cut it open.
Yes, he is flipping me off because I was excited.
That wall you see there is the one the pus squirted onto. LOL!


Our little dog, George got his hair cut :( It always makes me so sad because I love his long hair. But we had to do it before it got too cold.
Before
After:
He was so sad. He fought the lady that cut his
hair for 3 hours straight. He does NOT like the clippers. That is
why his front legs are longer than his back, because he wouldn't
let her use the clippers on his front legs. (She had to cut them
by hand.)

September 2nd was my nephew, Braxton's, first birthday. Here are the pictures of the party:
Singing "Happy Birthday"

He sure does love his cake! :)

This is the gift I got him. It is a bath toy called "Bathketball" lol
I thought it was cute and apparently he loves it

Say cheese! haha

On September 3rd my first niece was born. Marlee and Ray named her Brielle! :) She weighed 9 lbs 8 oz!! She's a chunky monkey but we like em that way!! She's SO cute!

Baby Brielle Davis

Marlee and Ray and Brielle! Such a cute little family!!

AND THEN....My 3rd nephew was born on September 8th! Amber and Michael named him Marcus Lee Sandoval!
Marcus Lee Sandoval

He is so cuddly! :)
Mikey loves his baby brother. Braxton is not so sure about him.



Misc. Photos:

We went to the mountains and grilled us some burgers :) Yum!

Branden's grandpa sent me some fun pictures of Branden:

Left to Right: Paul, Mikey, Grampy, Branden, Laura

Can't figure out how to rotate. But this is Branden




We went hunting last week a couple of times:

Picture of sunset from the top of the mountain :) So pretty

Branden is hunting Cow Elk. He got so close to shooting one once
but she was behind a tree so Branden couldn't get a shot in.


And last but not least: Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attack on the twin towers. I heard this song on the radio yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes.



And now I am officially done writing this novel! ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment