Well, I am back from my week-long vacation to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. It goes without saying that I had a really good time. It would have been better, however, if Branden had been there with me...but I survived! ;) (he couldn't get work off since he's a newbie). If you don't know this already, Branden's family has 3 cottages in a beach-side community called Chase's Ocean Grove. Here are pictures from my week.
 |
This is a map of Cape Cod. Chase's Ocean Grove is along the beach of Dennis Port. |
 |
These are two of the three cottages that they own. The one on the left is Steve and Karen's cottage (Branden's aunt and uncle). The one on the right is Jeri's (Branden's grandmother) cottage, which is where I stayed for the week. Branden's parents and uncle own the third cottage which would be on the other side of Steve and Karen's, but I didn't get a picture of it.
|
This is how far the ocean is from the cottages. There is
a set of stairs behind that cottage straight ahead that goes
right onto the beach :)
The beautiful beach :)
More beach!
Me....on the beach. It was very windy if you can't tell!
 |
...another day on the beach! Excuse my very white legs! But my hat pretty much rocks, if I do say so myself! I got it at the flea market for 3 bucks! I had to keep holding onto it though because it was windy that day. Which is also why the umbrella is laying on the ground instead of giving us shade. |
 |
This is the duck that came to see us almost every day. It would fly over us and land down the street and walk up the street to our deck! haha it was so cute! |
For my 21st birthday we went to Provincetown (AKA P-Town) which is at the very tip of the cape. It was a really rainy day, though...so not too much to see (P-town is known for it's status as a vacation spot for homosexuals...which means it is not uncommon to see some pretty flamboyant individuals walking around :S lol) They also usually have street performers and stuff, but they didn't that day. We went to lunch and walked around the shops and then headed home.
 |
Me in front of the port in P-Town on my BIRTHDAY! :)
|
 |
If you are my friend on Facebook, you probably already saw this. For my birthday dinner we went to a Chinese Restaurant and this was my fortune from my fortune cookie. Kind of crazy, huh?! However, the next morning at breakfast I tried playing those "lucky numbers" in Keno and they were very UN-lucky. Lost the 5 bucks that I had won a few days before. lol oh well. |
 |
In case you were wondering what Branden got me for my birthday, it was money to get my hair done...which was VERY much needed! :) I got it done the day before I left on vacation. |
So yeah, that is pretty much all the pictures that I have of the vacation. For the most part we all just sat around and did a lot of relaxing! I loved it! I was able to read a book and a half while there. And...I did a LOT of eating! haha! It was a well-needed vacation after the crazy year of school that I had (and that awful last month). So thank you Paul and Laura for paying for the whole thing! :D
It was also the perfect length because I was starting to miss my
hubby and lil George. Isn't he so cute?? :D
Since I've been home...
Yesterday I had an interview at Stonehenge of Richfield, which is an assisted living facility. It lasted about 5 minutes and consisted of only one question asking about my experience. So I have no idea if I made a good impression or not. She said she'll let me know on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed!
And that is all for now, enjoy! :)
Fingers definitely crossed!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun vacation. I want a cottage by the beach so bad!